Today’s Supplier Spotlight features Sienna Grace Design, Â a gorgeous alternative way of dressing your venue. I love the pom pom’s in particular (picture below). Read on for Leeanne’s answers to our questions and timescales!
1. Introduce yourself and your company!
Based in the West Midlands, Sienna Grace Design offer a fun and creative alternative to floral and balloon venue decorations.Â Specialising in handmade paper flowers and pom poms these beautiful and versatile decorations make vibrant centrepieces, flower rings and cover dressings.Â These wonderful bespoke creations are handmade to order and bring a unique and long-lasting splash of colour to your special occasion.
2. What made you start your company?
I wanted to do something that allowed my creative side to run free whilst fitting in around family life. Owning my own business allows me to stay at home and bring up my daughter and fulfil my own personal goals. Its challenging at times but i wouldnâ€™t have it any other way.
3. Can you give us a typical â€˜day in the life ofâ€™ â€“ weâ€™d love to know what you do day by day, even the what-might-seem-like-boring bits!
Gosh this can vary greatly! I could be designing new decor, meeting clients at venues, dressing venues, doing admin the list goes on. Every day can be different which is what i love most about what i do.
4. How do you come up with your designs?
This can be something as simple as seeing something whilst out and about . I can see something and an idea will just come to me. Once i start work on that design then usually more ideas will just come from the piece i am working on. Discussions with brides will inspire me too, i love working with brides to create something unique for them.
5. How do you manage to mix your busy schedule with home and family life? Some secrets to your success please!
I try to draw a line between work time and family time. If its family time then its family time and thatâ€™s what i am focused on and vice versa. I have an amazing husband who is very supportive too which helps immensely.
6. Do you manage to ever switch off the phone or laptop, or always sneakily checking emails and calls 24/7?
Well i turn off the laptop but the blackberry is always on. I am guilty of always checking emails but i try not too during family fun time!
7. What top tip would you give couples that are getting married?
Enjoy the day! It goes by so fast and its such a wonderful time in your life. So just take a few moments out of the hustle and bustle with your new husband, enjoy a little drink and just take it all in. It will be over before you know it.
8. If youâ€™re already married, what one thing do you wish youâ€™d done differently?
Its very clichÃ© but i really wouldnâ€™t have done anything different. We had the most wonderful day, surrounded with people we love and it really was perfect. I couldnâ€™t have asked for anymore.
9. How long do you usually take from start to finish with a couple? Please explain the process that you run through with clients so our readers can schedule it all inâ€¦
This can vary greatly dependant on the services our couples require. For full design we would ideally be involved from when the couple have chosen their venue. Then we would visit the venue and discuss what ideas the couple have and how we can work those ideas into the venue. Once this has taken place we will then come up with a few options and we will meet again to run through these options. We will then either revise these options should that be required or get to work on production. We like to be in contact at much as our couple requires. Some couples are happy to choose their designs and turn up on the day, others like to be a bit more involved.
10. Â When do you recommend placing an order, please tell us how much notice do you need and how far should couples order in advance of the wedding?
Ideally no less than 6 months for our full bespoke service, this will ensure we are able to work at our best for you. We can work within shorter timescales but 6 months is our ideal. If couples are choosing just to hire chair covers or centrepieces these can be booked up to 4 weeks prior, as long as we are available to you on your chosen date.
If you’re a wedding supplier and would like to be featured in our supplier spotlight, then please get in touch!